Saturday, June 21, 2008

A promise to post tomorrow

I have so much to catch up on and this week has been crazy between my language test, charla, being sick, getting the list of potential sites, etc (and I spent a good chunk of my allowance on Monday talking on the phone to friends and my daddy, so I didn't have $ to use the net). So I promise to try and finish alot of my thoughts on my laptop tonight and post them online tomorrow. Today I am in Masaya where we had a site fair, it was basically a meeting to inform us how site placements work, what to (sort of) expect in each site: how many sections you will be teaching, if you are working with the mayor's office, if you are out in the middle of nowhere, etc., and also 6 current PCVs came to talk about their different regions. I'm trying to not get my hopes up for any one site, so I'm trying to imagine myself in lots of different scenarios. I would like a smaller site so I could get closer to the people right away, but then there are advantages to a bigger site like access to resources, not being watched so closely by neighbors, being able to do some more normal life activities. We'll see...it'll be what I make of it right?

Sounds like the weather back in Cali is getting hot again...well at least you have things called air conditioners, fans, and pools!!! I miss my parents' pool! And I'm sure everyone is loving the gas prices still! The crisis reaches to Nica too, over $5 a gallon here right now! Food costs have also gone up at least 5 cents in the past 2 months as well. It seems that everyone suffers :( We'll see if Hugo Chavez from Venezuela will keep his word when he says he wants to help Nica in this crisis...I personally think he's full of B.S.

Thank you to Jan for another letter! I love hearing about your days!

No comments: